Miniature Path Conversion

A mini gastric bypass is an operation that isolates the upper part of the stomach and turns it into a tube connected to the intestines.

What is Miniature Path Conversion?

It is one of the complementary operations to the sleeve gastrectomy process. This operation is considered one of the successful operations that achieved great success in losing many people a large amount of their weight. The mechanism of this operation depends on the supervising doctor using the surgical instrument endoscopic to remove part of the stomach and connect the rest of the stomach To the intestines, for a purpose, and the goal is to reduce the absorption of the food eaten by the stomach because its absorption causes a lot of obesity.

  • Features of mini-routing process
  • Significant weight loss for obese people.
  • Reducing the symptoms of many serious chronic diseases such as pressure, heart and diabetes.
  • The ability to exercise better.
  • Elimination of calories consumed from food due to lack of food.
  • Steps in the process of converting a miniature path
  • Two-thirds of the stomach is removed (as in gastric bypass) and the intestines are rearranged so that the area where food mixes with digestive juices is short.
  • The left part of the stomach remains attached to the pylorus, and the duodenum begins at its end.
  • Tips before the mini-routing process
  • Excessive intake of nutritional supplements to compensate the body for what it loses from food in terms of vitamins and minerals.
  • The presence in the diet of a meal containing protein.
  • Drink plenty of water.
  • Commitment to eating meals accurately and regularly and at specific times.
  • Do not swallow food before making sure you chew it well.
  • Avoid eating hard foods in the first period.
  • Not reaching a feeling of satiety, stop immediately after feeling full.
  • Commit to exercising well for the ability to sculpt the body and get rid of skin sagging due to weight loss.
  • Terms of the mini-routing process
  • Every person who has obesity and intends to get rid of these symptoms and diseases: blood pressure, heart, shortness of breath at night, diabetes, cancer, gastroesophageal reflux disease.
  • The mass index is between 30 to 35 kilograms per square for people with diabetes, and there is no regularity in its levels.
  • The mechanism of the gastric bypass operation depends on disabling a large part of the stomach, which may reach 90% of the stomach, and the remaining 10% of the stomach is effective and is the size of a “cup” and ranges from 130-150 cm ahead of the small bottom because the full length of our small intestine is 600 cm in The medium with the second movement, which ranges from (60-80%) of the sugar to be absorbed by the fat.

The duodenum is then divided to allow diversion of bile and pancreatic juice.

It is an operation that eliminates “dumping syndrome” which is a complication of gastric bypass operation.

Weight loss rate after mini bypass surgery

This process leads to a lack of absorption of fats, calories and other food and thus leads to an increase in weight loss,Foods that are high in fat are not easily absorbed and will be eliminated along with the high calories usually associated with high fat.

On average, by the third year, bypass patients lose approximately 35 percent of their total body weight—weight at the time of the procedure.

In all surgical operations to treat obesity, carbohydrates and sugars are absorbed, and therefore eating food rich in sugar will remain a reason for gaining unwanted weight or causing difficulty in losing weight. Additionally, emphasis is placed on wholesome, nutrient-dense foods.